Last year I challenged myself to read 52 books. It came down to the wire, but I did it with two days to spare! This is a list of all my reads…I liked them all, and loved some. If I didn’t like it, I stopped reading and, unfortunately, I didn’t keep a list of books I started and didn’t finish but I sure will this year.
* The starred books were read with a friend. Two years ago today I moved from Richmond, Virginia to Seattle. Staying close with dear friends is a challenge across the miles but one of the ways my friend Gill and I have been able to do it is by reading the same books. We started reading together in 2016(that list to come soon!) and gained speed through 2017 with no sign of stopping in 2018. Gill and I have always shared a love for books and were in a book club together during part of the time we lived in Richmond. Now we discuss the books via phone and text, while we’re reading and when we’re done. To say this enriches my reading experience is an understatement and what it has done for our friendship cannot be easily dismissed. Our little book club is a bright spot in my life and a special little part of our friendship.
1. Bad Mommy
3. The GrownUp
5. The Mothers *
6. We Should All Be Feminists Thought provoking
8. Small Great Things* Timely and haunting
9. When Breath Becomes Air*Heartbreaking and deep
10. Paris for One
11. Behind Her Eyes *
12. The Dry *
13. Chasing Slow
14. Women in the Castle *
15. One True Loves *Easy, cozy read
16. Love and Trouble
17. Woman No. 17
18. The Light We Lost * Def one of my top five of 2017
19. Saints for all Occasions *
20. Windfall Good kindness reminder
21. Elinor Oliphant is Completely Fine * Quirky and adorable
22. The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo *Entertaining read
24. The Hate You Give Thought provoking
25. Hello Sunshine
26. Behold the Dreamers *
27. The Alice Network *
28. Watch Me Disappear *
29. Fates and Furies Possibly the best book I’ve ever read!
30. The Arrangement
32. Young Jane Young
35. Little Fires Everywhere * Great page turner
36. Station Eleven Loved this haunting story
37. Stay With Me * Loved!
38. Turtles All the Way Down Loved! YA but I think a teen might miss out on some of the complexities.
39. The Sun and Her Flowers Gorgeous book of poems
41. Seven Days of Us
42. Rabbit Cake
52. Sing, Unburied, Sing * Simply Amazing